Wishing you a happy and healthy Christmas
December 21, 2017
This holiday season, I want to extend my heartfelt appreciation to our dedicated team of employees, medical staff, board members and volunteers for their invaluable contributions to SageWest and our mission – Making Communities Healthier. 2017 was quite a significant year for our organization, and I’m grateful to our team for all of the successes we have achieved. I am particularly proud of the progress we’ve made in providing topquality care for our communities. Some of our achievements include:
• Achieving Chest Pain Center accreditation from the American College of Cardiology, which means we have a higher level of expertise in serving patients with symptoms of a heart attack as well as enhanced coordination among everyone involved in the care.
• Becoming a Level IV Trauma Center, as designated by the State of Wyoming and The American College of Surgeons, which means we have demonstrated an ability to provide advanced trauma life support prior to the transfer of patients to a higher level trauma center. As part of this, we have transfer agreements in place with Level I and Level II Trauma Centers for patients requiring more comprehensive care, and we have active outreach programs in our communities that include injury prevention.
• Improving overall patient safety and quality, which was confirmed when we were resurveyed by The Joint Commission (TJC) in July and there were zero (0) deficiency findings reported.
• Being recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as having an inpatient behavioral health unit – PineRidge – that is one of the top 20 performing inpatient psychiatric facilities in the U.S. We were recognized based on standard behavioral health criteria: alcohol screening and interventions; hours of restraint and seclusion use; patients discharged on multiple antipsychotics with appropriate justification; and use of electronic medical records.
• Receiving approval for Sleep Lab Accreditation through the Accreditation Commission for Health Care, which demonstrates our commitment to high quality, patient-centered care through compliance with national regulations and industry best practices.
As we celebrate these successes, let me acknowledge what a privilege it is to work alongside the employees, medical staff, board members and volunteers at SageWest. Our healthcare system is such an important part of our communities, and it is because of our team that we are able to continue making a real difference in the lives of our family, friends and neighbors. Thank you for your continued support of SageWest. I look forward to sharing more about our progress and successes in the months ahead. In the meantime, I wish you all a joyous holiday season and a happy New Year.