A patient, or his/her legal representative, may inspect and/or obtain a copy of their medical records, or have copies of medical records sent to another facility.
SageWest Health Care requires a completed and signed Authorization for Release of Health Information form before releasing any documents to anyone, including the patient. If you have questions about this process, please feel free to contact the Health Information Management Services department directly at (307) 857-3466.
How to request a copy of your medical records
- Print and complete the Authorization Release of Information form.
- The release form must be completed, dated and signed
- We ask that you specify what components of your medical records you wish to obtain/release. Often, the discharge summary, operative report and history and physical contain relevant information to suit your needs.
- Requests must be specifically signed if requesting/authorizing the following information:
- Psychiatric Care
- Alcohol/Drug abuse
- Fertility Treatment
SageWest Health Care medical records
If you have any questions regarding release of health information from SageWest Health Care, please call (307) 857-3466. You may deliver your forms in person or by mail.
Please bring the form to:
SageWest Health Care Lander
1320 Bishop Randall Drive
Lander, WY 82520
SageWest Health Care Riverton
2100 W. Sunset Dr.
Riverton, WY 82501
Fax: (307) 335-6511
If you fax your request, please place "Attn: Release of Information" in the subject line.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Closed on holidays.
Release of medical information charges
- No charges for page count if 25 pages or less.
- $0.50 per page for 26 pages and over.
- If your charges exceed $100, we require payment before the records are released
Next steps after requesting medical records
- Please allow up to 14 calendar days for your request to be processed. If you indicated the option to pick-up your release form, you will be contacted by the Release of Information Office when your records are ready.
- A photo ID is required.
- If an individual other than the patient is picking up the records, then that individual must have an original signed authorization letter from the patient and a photo ID.