The purpose of this policy is to provide a guideline for SageWest Health Care employees to facilitate patient visitation in order to maintain a therapeutic, healthy and safe environment for patients, visitors and the community.
- Visiting is permitted from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. except where otherwise designated by policy. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the nurse.
- No more than five (5) visitors per patient in a room at one time to provide an optimal environment for patient healing.
- No children under the age of 12 are permitted to visit in patient care areas, permission may be obtained in our women's health unit and special cases on an individual basis.
- Children under the age of 12 are to be attended by a responsible adult, who is not the patient, at all times, including parking lots, waiting areas, etc.
- Shoes and appropriate dress must be worn at all times while in the hospital.
- For the well being of our patients, staff and other visitors, visitors should not come into the Hospital with the following symptoms: fever, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, runny nose or rash. If these symptoms are noted, the visitor will be asked to leave.