YOU are your best defense against viruses and other infections. Follow these simple tips to keep you and your family healthy:*
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, for 20 seconds.
- Or, use a hand sanitizer that is least 60% alcohol-based.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, cups or eating utensils.
- Disinfect your home and belongings, such as children’s toys and play areas.
- Stay home from school or work if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue, your sleeve or your elbow and NOT your bare hands.
- Get a flu shot
- Call your local hospital or your primary care doctor with any questions.
*Source: Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)